Come, Read the Bible with Me!

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Oh wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from this body of death?

...Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. The
tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It
corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire by
hell. (James 3:5-6)

1Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set
your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.
2Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. 3For you died, and your
life is now hidden with Christ in God. 4When Christ, who is your[a]
life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. ...8But now you must
rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and
filthy language from your lips. ...12Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and
dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness
and patience. ... 17And whatever you do, whether in word or
deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father
through him. (Colossians 3:1-4, 8, 12 &17)

How often do I need to learn about taming the tongue? There must be something I'm not getting. Oh wretched woman that I am! Who, Who can and will deliver me from this body of death and this tongue set on fire from Hell!

Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!

This must mean that With me it is impossible, but I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!

If anyone knows how to put feet on this, I would appreciate it!

Rachel

No comments: