Come, Read the Bible with Me!

Friday, April 20, 2007

Immaterial

By the way. Yesterday, before I went to work, I told the guard to keep track today. How many children will be killed; how many will he lead to the slaughter? He told me it was immaterial. "It's immaterial," he said with a shrug of his shoulders.

In a sense, he is right, you know. One, ten, twenty-five, thirty-two... three thousand, five hundred sixty-two or four thousand. It is immaterial. The one that went in before I got there was the one that counted. If Cho, at Virginia Tech, had stopped shooting after killing the two people in the dorm, those two people counted. The news stations, though would have thought that it was immaterial. That he continued until he had killed thirty more is, as the guard at Planned Parenthood said, "immaterial." It is material though, to their parents. I am so sorry for them!

After the Supreme Court upheld the ban on Partial Birth Abortions, I read an article that said that 90% of the abortions are done before 12 weeks. Ninety percent of one million three hundred thousand is one million one hundred seventy thousand per year. "Only" one hundred thirty thousand babies are remotely effected by that "landmark" decision per year. That particular method was used in only about 2400 of them in the year 2000 (don't quote me on this. I had these numbers but the were nauseating to me, so I threw them out and cannot recall where I got them), more recent figures were not available.

These numbers are just too big! I cannot fathom them!

I do know that from 10 - 20 women come to Planned Parenthood in Bloomington Indiana each Thursday for the purpose of having their pre-born children torn from their wombs, and none of them that I have seen so far have been in the second or third trimester.

Ten to twenty children die at 421 South College Avenue in Bloomington Indiana each week on Thursdays.

Immaterial?

No comments: