Come, Read the Bible with Me!

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Pre-Abortion Appointments

I have to say that, although I was again weak this Monday at Planned Parenthood, cowering in my car, I am renewed in my resolve that pre-abortion appointments need a godly witness. We need to be there on the sidewalk to talk to people. We need to meet them at the time of revealing. It is then that seeds may be planted. It is then that the ground is furrowed, and when no other seeds are sown but those of deception. It is then that the seeds of love, conviction, truth have soil to grow in.

I was reconvicted of this great need here in Bloomington, but I also discovered something that I had not considered.

Do you live in a city where there is a Planned Parenthood? Not every Planned Parenthood does abortions. Some do not. The one in Evansville does not, and that is where the man and his girlfriend in my previous post went for their pregnancy test, and referral. No one had told him about another option. He saw only obsticles. Would they have chosen differently, if someone had been there with another message? ...another choice? ...an offer of help, a hug? I don't know.

I do know that some people don't go to Planned Parenthood on the killing days, because it is too radical, too "militant" (it's not, really), too hopeless.

Some, who do go on the killing days do not go on the testing days, because the level of urgency is lower, maybe. I am not sure, but I think that is why I cower in my car, shamefully.

I would like to encourage you, whether you are the former or the latter, go. Based on the white harvest fields, go. Based on the call of Jesus to go to those in need, go. There is great need. Go.

No comments: