Come, Read the Bible with Me!

Friday, February 17, 2006

Pride and Denial

From Church of the Good Shepherd sermon: Showing Tolerance...
on 4/24/05 from Ephesians 4:1-6


It is our pride; our desire to be thought of more highly than we ought
by others that causes us to be silent in the face of opposition, falsehood or sin. (not an exact quote)


I have heard that self consciousness is a form of pride, and sometimes I can understand it, but sometimes the logic evades me. It seems like someone who tries to be invisible is not suffering from pride. My husband and I were discussing it last weekend and I decided that the sin in it is the fear of man and not pride. To be afraid of what others think of you. Paster Bayly clarified it a bit I think.

Guilty... guilty... guilty...


I don't think I can blog this, at least not until I deal with those against whom I have sinned.

No comments: